Thursday, November 11, 2010

Update on the Little Family

On June 11, 2010 I married my best friend in the Mount Timpanogos Temple for time and all eternity. We were hoping for a nice warm summer day for our reception... but we didn't have that luck. It poured rain pretty much all day after we came out of the temple. We came out of the temple to be greeted by all our family and friends. Our friend Shahin stepped in to take some of the family pictures because our photographer wasn't there yet . Once the photographer finally got there and we finished taking all the pictures we headed over to the luncheon. We had the luncheon at Los Hermonos. It was delicious!
We had our reception at the Bungalow in Pleasant Grove. We had everything planned so it could be out in their beautiful gardens so we had to hurry and rearrange everything so that we could have it indoors. We had a lot of help setting up (which I'm very grateful for) and everything turned out beautiful. We had a great evening to greeted by our friends and family and it ended with my tossing my bouquet (which my niece Savannah caught), cutting the cake, and having my father daughter dance and dancing it Cleve. It was an amazing night and off we went ready to start our new life together. 

We went on our Honeymoon to Florida. We stayed at this AMAZING resort! It was unbelievable. While we were they we searched long and hard for a beach that the oil hadn't contaminated yet...we had success and finally found one and played there for hours. We went to Disneyworld's Magic Mountain and Hollywood Studios. It was SO much fun! It was ridiculously hot and humid though (we talked to some of the residents there and they said that the week we were there was record breaking hot). We pretty much melted while we were there but it was so much fun. 
I wanted to cut my hair SO bad but I knew that I should wait until after the wedding so that I would be able to have my hair long and the way that I had always pictured for my wedding. Cleve had promised me that we could cut it on our Honeymoon. We had a hard time finding a Salon in Florida. They have a Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and suvioneer shop on every corner but no places to get your hair cut. We found a great clips and I got my hair cut there. The lady cutting my hair kept asking me if I was sure that I really wanted to do this because it was A LOT of hair to cut. I was nervous but told her yes. Cleve and I both really liked the way it turned out. 

We have moved twice in the first three months of our marriage. Our first place we lived was in a tiny basement apartment in Alpine. It was nice but it felt a bit cramped. And well, honestly...I felt like I was living in someone else's house and not my own. I mean of course that makes sense because we were living in someone's house, but I felt more like a guest then a tenant. So we ended up having to move out because our landlords needed the basement for their mother because her health was deteriorating and they needed to hire 24 hour care to be with her constantly down there. We were a bit frustrated because we had seriously just unpacked the last box and then the next day they told us we needed to look for a new place. So in August we found a place in Orem. It's part of a four-plex and we love it. It is older but we are having fun adding our own additions to it to make it nicer and feel like "home". 

We sold Cleve's car and got a new one! He had a Volkswagen Passat and it was starting to become a bottomless hole of repairs. We were worried it would be hard to sell, but we put it up on KSL and less then a week later it was sold! It was such a blessing. We started looking for a new car, we didn't really know what we were looking for, we just knew we wanted something that was still under warranty, and that was within our price range. We ended up getting a 2010 Chevy Impala (used). It is nice and we LOVE it!!!

Lets see...what else. Um we are both still working at Cabela's and students at UVU. He is studying business management so that he can one day own his own landscape design business. I am studying Elementary Education in the hopes of teaching 2-3 grade. We are still madly in love and the best of friends!

1 comment: